Position: Market Insight Analyst
The position is responsible for providing data management, data QC, data consolidation, data visualization, commercial analytics, commercial reporting and commercial forecasting support within the Business Insights (GBI) Center of Excellence (COE) team. The position will report to the Manager of North America Business Insights based in Pune. The role will work with North America and platform teams to manage market share data, forecasting data, Tableau and Excel analytics, and visualization. The role will require a high degree of technical skills, business acumen, and must be able to proactively recommend tools and techniques to support forecasting, data QC, data analysis, reporting, and automation. The position will have responsibility for ensuring on-time, flawless delivery of key business requests.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate an ability to work with complex data sets, and perform flawless data management, data consolidation, data visualization, commercial analytics, commercial reporting, and commercial forecasting.
- Provide flawless execution and on-time delivery of key business reporting and forecasting needs.
- Work independently with minimal direct oversight, provide real-time creative problem-solving.
- Provide flawless execution through extensive quality control and deliverable analysis and reviews
Required Experience and Qualifications
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BS or BA in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or related field. MBA or MS is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in business reporting and forecasting, strategic insights, business analytics, strategic forecasting, finance or a related field is required
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in working with large datasets to produce reporting, forecasting, and business analytics is required.
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred, but not required
- Proven track record of performance that demonstrates both strong leadership and independent thinking
- Proven track record of managing in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration and influence is needed
- A proven track record of working independently with minimal oversight is required.
- Willingness to efficiently work across India Standard Time (GMT+5:30) and Eastern Standard Time (GMT-4)
- Experience in working with the North America region, with a focus on the US, is preferred but not required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent proven personal leadership, collaboration, communication, and analytical skills are required.
- High level of intellectual curiosity and attention to detail. A willingness to analyze data deeply to ensure flawless delivery.
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required.
- Working knowledge of and experience with secondary market research, primary market research, and forecasting is required. Some knowledge of competitive intelligence data is preferred
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership is required.
- Due to the nature of the information reviewed in the role, the candidate must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion is required
- Ability to begin to synthesize disparate data sources to provide an integrated insight view of the business is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills in English are required.
- Strong project management skills in a deadline-oriented environment are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint, and analytical tools (Tableau, QLIK, SQL, R) is required.